Connecticut and New York Solar Panel Inspection, Cleaning, and Maintenance Services
At SolarCare, because we care about your solar, we offer “best in class” Solar Care Services to ensure safety standards and systems are adequately performing. Trust that your well maintained solar panels– from all manufacturers, regardless of who installed it– we provide you with the comfort, safety, and the highest return on your investment to operate your home or business.
We offer a unique and specialized program for Solar Photovoltaic (PV) owners. Sign up for our Annual Solar Service Membership and have the peace of mind knowing your solar investment is operating at peak performance, and your home is safe. We know your solar array was an investment and we have developed our comprehensive Simple Clean & 12-Point inspection to be affordable.
Why you need our Simple Clean & 12-Point Inspection
Your solar was a big investment. Even though a solar electric system is relatively low maintenance, a cleaning and maintenance check up helps ensure your system is operating at peak performance to maximize your energy savings.
Our program is inexpensive, and our goal is to keep it running at its highest performance. Solar cuts your electricity bill, and we want to help ensure you continue to cut costs, while maintaining a safe system. It makes the difference between a solar system that functions optimally versus a system that just works.
Solar Panel Simple Clean
Rain and snow melt does wash away loose particulates off the panels, and there are no moving parts, but the environment deposits pollutants that rain water will not remove. We are removing the stuck-on grime, pollution and animal droppings. We developed a technique to safely clean and inspect your solar array. We use a chemical specially developed for solar modules. It is safe for your solar system, the environment, people, and pets.
The 12-Point Inspection Process
Our 12-point inspection assures that your modules and array installation is functioning in accordance with industry standards and is code compliant. After every inspection and / or cleaning a full color report is provided, within 72 hours. Our process is as follows:
- Overall Roof Inspection
- Ensure Solar Roof Penetrations aren’t leaking
- Check for Corrosion and Structural Integrity of Solar Components
- Inspect panels for burn marks, discoloration, chipping which leads to defects
- Perform thermal imaging to ensure panel is operating at manufacturers stated efficiency
- Check for loose and exposed wiring which could lead to system failure
- Inspect racking and clamping to prevent panels coming loose during a high wind event
- Identify potential build up of leafs and nests under array
- Inspect electrical conduit runs, junction boxes, and ensure watertight seals and clamps are working
- Inspect inverter and utility service disconnects for leaf buildup, animal nests, and loose wiring
- Inspect labeling of all equipment which fire fighters and utility personnel require for safety
- Perform a solar production review of the overall system to ensure peak energy production
In addition to our Simple Clean and 12 Point Inspection, we offer other products and services to keep your solar optimized.
- Site and shading evaluations
- Rodent prevention screening
- Leaf prevention screening
- Winter snow removal
- Emergency repair of failed equipment
- Battery backup systems
- Electric mini-split heating and cooling systems
- EV charging systems
NABCEP Board Certified PV Installation Professional
SolarPlus and the SolarCare group have earned the solar industry’s leading recognition of installation expertise from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), and is a NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional in both Connecticut and New York. For example, there are only 29 class A PV installers in Connecticut, over 100 in New York, and we are one of them.
NABCEP is known as the “gold standard” for PV Certifications. NABCEP is the most highly respected and well established national certification organization for renewable energy professionals. Designation as a NABCEP PV Installation Professional is widely recognized to be the most important and meaningful certification of its kind in the solar industry.
PV is short for photovoltaic. PV systems produce electricity from sunlight. Most people have used a solar powered calculator or garden light, and seen solar panels on roadside signs, but PV panels can be configured to produce enough energy to power a home, school, business, or even serve as a small power plant feeding electricity into the grid. As the cost of PV systems has declined sharply over the last few years, more and more households, municipalities, and companies are “going solar”. NABCEP is a mark of quality assurance that the consumer can use to know that they are choosing a qualified contractor.
Certification provides a measure of protection to YOU – the public – by giving you a credential for judging the competency of practitioners. It is not intended to prevent qualified individuals from installing PV systems or to replace state license requirements.