Residential Solar 12-Point Safety Inspection & Cleaning
Location: Stratford CT 06614
Type: Roof mount
Solar Array: 22 modules in a two-row configuration with a single inverter.
Temperature of Modules: 73.9°F.
Inspection Date: May 2018
Case Study: Below are the before and after photos of this Stratford CT solar array case study. Based off visual observation the solar array is in good condition. There are no indications of corrosion or structural damage around the solar array. There is no indication of defects in the 22 modules. However there is some damage to existing solar thermal pool heater.
Based off the physical inspection of the modules, there is debris, dust, dirt, pollen, bird droppings, and leaves collecting on top of, around, and underneath the solar array. SolarPlus Group recommends a routine inspection the Stratford CT panels at designated times throughout the year and a cleaning schedule. SolarPlus Group plans include worry-free professional maintenance and monitoring.
Residential Solar 12-Point Safety Inspection & Cleaning Performed
- Roof Inspection. The entire roof and all penetrations are in good order. There are no indications of damage around or near the array. Some damage to existing solar thermal pool heater (see Misc.)
- Roof Penetrations. Based on an attic inspection, no solar mounting lag bolts have missed the rafters. There are no indications of water penetration.
- Check for Corrosion and Structural Damage. There are no indications of corrosion or structural damage.
- Module defects, Burn marks, or Discoloration. There is no indication of defects in the 22 modules.
- Thermal imaging of array. N/A based off temperature readings and the read out from the inverter there are no indications of a non-producing modules.
- Loose or Exposed Wiring. No loose or exposed wires were located. A couple of low hanging wires are in the pictures below but non-are touching the roof and one was re-attached to the array using a module clip.
- Racking and Clamping. Racking appears stable and no indication of loose module clips.
- Under Array Leaf Inspection. The array has very minor leaf build up along the rails in two locations. This is currently not an issue. The leaves are not in a large clump and there is no indication of animal nest.
- Conduit Runs, Junction Boxes, Seals and Clamping. All conduit, junction boxes, seals and Clamping are secure and in working order. No connections or bolts are loose.
- Inverter Inspection. No indication of wire damage, Animal or insect nest. No leaf build up. All anchors properly attached.
- Labeling and Code Compliance. All labels are National Electrical code compliant and clear and readable.
- Irradiance and Production. Based off inverter self-test and production reporting no abnormalities in production.
Miscellaneous Notes: Damage to Solar pool heater. Damage caused by low point in system. Water froze and cracked pipes. Remedy is to re-pipe the area and install a T-junction with a valve to drain the low point for proper winter shut down.